E-Commerce Website Design and Development
Why does my business need e-commerce?
Online shopping is increasingly becoming the way to do business. With many some companies now turning over millions each year, it’s clear why more traditional businesses are looking to get on the internet as quickly as possible. People are searching right now for your products and services, and spending their money with competitors who are already online.
Gone are the days where spending in shops stops when the doors close. Money gets spent more often these days without the need of sales staff or even a premises! Living int he 24/7 society of today with superfast internet connections it’s a real no-brainer that people would rather shop online from the comfort of their homes. No queues, no set opening hours and easy comparison of prices are just a few of the benefits to the consumer.
Benefits of an E-commerce website
Even if you already have a brick and mortar store, an e-commerce solution will enable you to sell to customers 24/7,all over the world, instantly increasing your sales potential.
You may be happy lucky enough to have a high footfall of customers to your brick and mortar store, but what happens when your regular customers want to order something out of hours, or they aren’t able to come to your store? Maybe they’ll go online and search for you. If you don’t have an e-commerce site, they won’t be able to place an order, even if they do find an ordinary brochure website for you.
Do I get a custom design?
Yes! Each e-commerce site comes with a custom design that will be integrated with the e-commerce system for you. Designs are created after discussing your key goals, ensuring that your design ties in with your existing branding and provides a clear and easy user experience for your customers.
We’ll use high power e-commerce solutions to make sure you’re in complete control of your online store from day one.
What are the standard features included?
- Administration / Backend Functionality
- Add/Edit/Remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
- Contact customers directly via email or newsletters
- Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen
- Statistics for products and customers
- Automatically update currency exchange rates
- Select what to display, and in what order, in the product listing page
- All orders stored in the database for fast and efficient retrieval
- Customers can view their order history and order statuses
- Customers can maintain their accounts
- Addressbook for multiple shipping and billing addresses
- Temporary shopping cart for guests and permanent shopping cart for customers
- Secure transactions with SSL (optional SSL Certificate required)
- Control if out of stock products can still be shown and are available for purchase
- Accept numerous offline payment processing (cheque, money orders, offline credit care processing, ..)
- Accept numerous online payment processing (PayPal, GoogleCheckout, etc)
- Shipping Functionality
- Set different taxes, such as VAT for applicable products
- and more …
If you’d like to talk more about whether a brochure site is suitable for your business, or if you have any other questions please do get in touch.